WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core.dll adding issue in .net core - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core.dll adding issue in .net core (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Geordin, Friday, October 04, 2024, 11:48 (12 days ago)

Added code in csproj file to add dll reference. But getting error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core, Version=3.7.3.170, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e071824b5eef4930'. The system cannot find the file specified.

used code
<Reference Include="WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core">
<HintPath>D:\Dlls\WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core.dll adding issue in .net core

by Jasmine, Friday, October 04, 2024, 11:50 (12 days ago) @ Geordin

Hi,

we don't have enough info to give you more possible explaination.

What version of NET Core are you using? Can you give us more info about your environment?

Regards,
Jasmine

by Geordin, Friday, October 04, 2024, 12:04 (12 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi,
We are using .Net 8.0 version

by Geordin, Friday, October 04, 2024, 12:13 (12 days ago) @ Geordin

Trying add in a class library project.
In old version project we used 'WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.dll'.
When I tried to add this DLL in my .net core project getting error while establish connection.
'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. The system cannot find the file specified.'

But in the new version with new dll for core, initialization itself blocking.

by Jasmine, Saturday, October 05, 2024, 11:59 (11 days ago) @ Geordin

Hi.

I was unable to duplicate your issue. I created new empty Console NET project, double-checked that target framework is '.NET 8.0' in project properties.

Then right clicked on 'dependencies', then 'browse', then navigated to 'WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.Core.dll' file I just downloaded from our website.

I used this simple code in Program.cs:

// See https://aka.ms/new-console-template for more information
Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!");

WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP sftp1 = new WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP();
Console.WriteLine(sftp1.Version);

and all worked ok. Can you please try the same, and if it fails to work, ZIP everything and send to to our techsupport - at - weonlydo.com?

Thanks,
Jasmine

by Geordin, Monday, October 07, 2024, 10:48 (9 days ago) @ Jasmine

Thanks, worked for me.
When I execute the connect method 'WFDC.Connect(WFDC.Hostname) getting error 'Invalid packet type (7) received'. Can you explain which scenario this error is getting?

by Jasmine, Monday, October 07, 2024, 11:03 (9 days ago) @ Geordin

Hi,

oh, that is a bit more serious issue. Are you using latest version of our product? Can we duplicate this issue?

Jasmine

by Jasmine, Monday, October 07, 2024, 11:19 (9 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi,

I think we were able to check why this would happen in Core version. Can you please download/update wodSFTP.NET and try it again, make sure Version property returns at least 3.7.3.171 (last revision number at least 171)

Regards,
Jasmine

by Geordin, Monday, October 07, 2024, 13:52 (8 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi,
After removing property 'Blocking = true', this error not showing. But not getting successful connection. Connection status showing 'Connecting' after executing Connect method.

by Geordin, Monday, October 07, 2024, 14:06 (8 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi,

I think we were able to check why this would happen in Core version. Can you please download/update wodSFTP.NET and try it again, make sure Version property returns at least 3.7.3.171 (last revision number at least 171)

Regards,
Jasmine

Current using version is 3.7.3.170. Can you share the direct DLL link instead of installation package of latest version?

by Jasmine, Monday, October 07, 2024, 17:34 (8 days ago) @ Geordin

Hi,

we can't separate the DLL, please use our installer to get latest version.

Let me know f latest version works ok!

As for Blocking.. It depends.. If you use sequentially the code, make sure Blocking is set to True. Setting it to false makes component behave asynchronous.. Not sure if that's what you want - but when you say it works but nothign happens.. Yes.. Exactly.. You don't get the error immediately since it fires the event later on.

Regards,
Jasmine